PETA won big for animals in 2021! Your support gave us the strength and funds to make huge strides for animal liberation: We pushed the Taiwan FDA to stop shocking and drowning animals in pointless tests. We flung open the doors to cruelty-free cosmetics in China. We persuaded another pharmaceutical giant to stop making mice and rats swim for their lives. We busted a massive beagle supplier to laboratories. We canceled fur, dethroned “Tiger Kings,” made one of the Iditarod’s last major sponsors jump ship, and so much more.
Here are just a few of PETA’s 2021 high points for animals:
- Taiwan’s first- and third-largest health food companies issued historic bans on animal testing.
- No animals were killed in the Marine Corps’ 2021 Cobra Gold exercise training.
- National chains dropped coconut products obtained through forced monkey labor.
- Iditarod sponsors fell like dominoes.
- Victoria’s Secret (and so many other brands) banned alpaca.
- Canada Goose, Saks Fifth Avenue, and so many other companies banned fur.
- Colorado banned traveling animal acts.
- Tiger King Park officially became tigerless.
- Expedia ended its “swim with dolphins” and SeaWorld promotions.